News & Events
About the Library
BMS Service Policy
- The Barrington Middle School (BMS) Library Media Center is virtually open to all Barrington students and staff.
- Barrington Middle School (BMS) students, school district staff members, and parents can check out all items that are part of our regular circulation.
- There are no overdue fines.
- Lost or significantly damaged items must be paid for at the cost of replacement.
- Interlibrary loan requests may be placed by BMS patrons independently when they are logged in or through the library staff.
- All items in circulation are available for interlibrary loan.
- Library staff and patrons can submit interlibrary loan requests.
- Interlibrary loan requests will be filled at the discretion of the school library media specialist.
- Local patron hold requests take precedence over interlibrary loan requests for the same item.
- Items that are specifically reserved for in-library or classroom use are temporarily excluded from an interlibrary loan as needed.
- ILL requests will be filled (or declined) as quickly as possible.
- There are no interlibrary loan fees or overdue fines.
- Lost or significantly damaged items must be paid for at the cost of replacement. In certain circumstances, a replacement copy may be accepted.
- Items borrowed through interlibrary loan have a 35 day loan period and can be renewed one time.