This week’s Backpack Express is below:
- Reading Week: Each year, Sowams School celebrates a Reading Week. This year, we will celebrate during the week of June 13, 2022. During the week, we will have various activities occurring for the students. Information about what is happening that week may be found here.
- Outdoor Day: Outdoor Day at Sowams School is BACK! On Tuesday, June 21st, students will spend the morning outside participating in several fun activities with their classes (think relay races, parachute games, etc.). Outdoor Day will culminate with a barbeque for lunch before students return to their classrooms for the afternoon. We need volunteers to help with setup, running the stations, and cleanup (June 21, 8:30am-11:30am). We are looking for more volunteers. Thank you to everyone who has already signed up. If you are interested and able to volunteer (set-up, run a station, clean up), please submit your name and email address via this Sign Up Genius and PTO volunteers will be in touch with the details.
- Outdoor Day Class Colors: Each class is asked to wear a certain color on the day of Outdoor Day. Below are the colors that have been assigned to each classroom:
- Mrs. Thornton - Light Blue
- Mrs. Howard - Red
- Mrs. Silva - Yellow
- Miss Salvo - Black
- Mrs. Felag - Stripes
- Mrs. Squatrito - Orange
- Mrs. Tutt - Green
- Mrs. Rackliffe - Dark Purple
- Mrs. Promades - Pink
- Mrs. Fagan - Light Purple
- Mrs. Carey - Navy Blue
- Mrs. Gaynor - White
- Cookout: On June 21, we will also have our cookout for students. Unfortunately, this year we will not be able to include parents and family members. Orders need to be placed by June 10 with Chartwells. This takes the place of the regular hot lunch on June 21. If you need another copy of the order form, you may access it here. There is no charge to your child for the cookout.
- PTO Calendar: The PTO has put updated the June calendar for you. It has information about what is happening this month at Sowams. You may access the calendar here.
- PTO Restaurant Fundraiser: Tonight seems like a good night to order out. Nacho Mamma’s in Barrington is offering parts of the proceeds from tonight’s orders. Just mention the code Sowams22.
- Barrington Education Foundation: Our S.T.A.R (Staff Teacher Appreciation Recognition) certificate is the perfect end of the year gift! This year has been challenging for our Barrington Education Community. Let's recognize our teachers, administrators and staff for being the STARS that they are! Make a tax-deductible donation to Barrington Education Foundation, and we will send each of your honorees a beautiful S.T.A.R. certificate.* (Min. of $10 per certificate.) See example of the certificate HERE . Orders are due by Friday, June 17th. Click HERE to order your STAR.
- Community Notice: There is one notice for you this week: Pop Warner Football and Cheer.
Have a wonderful night.